By Lexus Yamashiro | Staff Writer
The Hoʻokele Peer Mentors will be hosting a Lauhala Picnic on Dec. 2 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. on the Great Lawn.
This event will be a campus wide cookout/BBQ where students, faculty, staff, and administrators will have the opportunity to engage with one another through this informal event.
Lauhala Picnic was created by the Hoʻokele Peer Mentors to achieve their goal of promoting engagement amongst those who reside with KCC. This event also helps to promote good physical and mental health as stress relief through lawn games, chat, and food.
Lawn games that will take place are:
– Volleyball (competitive & non competitive play)
– Huki Huki (Tug -o- War)
– Haka Moa (Human – One Footed Chicken Fight)
– Wiffle Ball Home Run Derby
– Portuguese Horseshoes
– Kan Jam (similar to bean bag toss, but uses frisbees instead)
– Ladder Golf
– Toss and Catch (throw around a football or frisbee)
If interested, register online at http://tinyurl.com/lauhala. Registration will end on Dec. 1.
For more information, contact the Hoʻokele Peer Mentor Program at email@example.com.