By Theran Galisa | Staff Writer
With finals week right around the corner, students are scrambling to get their studying in and stressing out about what seems like the longest week of the semester. Luckily, KapCC is offering resources to those who are seeking to make use of them.
In the Kamokila Student Center at ‘Iliahi 123 (same building as Subway) feel free to stop by and study at any time from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- All students are required to sign in through LumiSight before entry, check in with the Office of Student Activities staff, wear a mask and to practice social distancing.
- There will be study rooms available to individuals and groups of people up to six. Study rooms can be used for a maximum of two hours at a time. In order to use the study room, make a reservation in advance.
- The Board of Student Activities will also be giving away free care packages filled with snacks and essential items. You can get these packages at the Kamokila Student Center until Friday.
Lama Library is also offering resources for finals week.
- The library will be extending its online chat, text (808-201-2986), or to email firstname.lastname@example.org from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. until Thursday, May 13, to help students with their research and citations. Librarians are also available via appointment to meet on Zoom.
- The Study Hub math and writing tutors will be available from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. The tutors will be available through appointment only.
- Testing Center hours remain the same (9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Friday).
- The Library has plenty of well spaced-out areas to study from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. from Monday to Thursday and 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Friday.
- Textbooks and scanners are available.
- Laptop borrowing will be available until May 18.
The KapCC Bookstore has resources for students to take advantage of too.
- $2 Cold Brew, any size.
- Book Buyback, a service being offered by the bookstore offering to buy back textbooks from students from May 10-12, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.